City Wide Pride
Updated April 21, 2016
The City Wide Pride Beautification Program was created in 1990 by the Cerritos City Council with the goal of preserving and enhancing the beautiful, park-like appearance of the residential neighborhoods in Cerritos. The program is coordinated by the Property Preservation Commission to honor hardworking property owners for outstanding maintenance of their homes.
The City Wide Pride Program has recently been revised and allows for anyone to nominate a home for acknowledgment by submitting a photo and address to the City by e-mail. Those homes selected will be recognized at a monthly Property Preservation Commission meeting and will also be posted on the City's website. The process is as follows:
- Take a photograph from the sidewalk, curb or street.
- For privacy purposes, photographs should not include people or vehicles.
- Note the property address and e-mail the photo and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit the information through the City's GORequest app on your smartphone.
- Prior to recognition, City staff will contact the property owner for permission to recognize the property at an upcoming Property Preservation Commitee meeting and to publish the photograph on the City's website.
- Recognized properties may not be resubmitted for one calendar year.
For more information, call (562) 916-1203.